GTA 6 Leak Group Issues Anti-Monetization “Manifesto” With Stolen Gameplay

Stolen gameplay clips of GTA 6 have been circulating online since the day before, and they’ve come bundled with an unusual “mission statement” from the group behind the leak—one that denounces the video game industry’s monetization practices while claiming the proceeds will support its own countermeasures against future takedowns.

The leaked footage, attributed to an entity calling itself “Cyberleek,” reportedly shows Jason Duval playing basketball, driving a variety of vehicles, and exploring Vice City. Alongside the clips, Cyberleek published a manifesto outlining why it says it acted, framing its targets as game publishers’ commercial behavior: selling licenses and calling them “purchases,” delivering unfinished games and marketing them as live service titles, locking away content and labeling it as DLC, and ultimately “killing” games while keeping the money. The message argues that each year gives players less value for their spending.

Cyberleek then claims it is raising funds for a “secret project” using a memecoin-style cryptocurrency. In its own words, the money would go toward “the infrastructure necessary for striking, along with the security required to withstand the inevitable counterattacks from companies.” The group also lists three “commandments” it says it expects to be followed: no digital preorders, no fake single-player DLC that is already included in the base game data at launch, and a requirement for an “offline emergency state” for single-player games. Cyberleek says any publisher that violates these conditions will face consequences, adding that it will not stop until it receives a public statement and an apology paired with a concrete commitment to do better—and that “words aren’t enough,” with “restitution” framed as mandatory.

For now, Rockstar or Take-Two have not issued an official response to the leak. However, multiple copyright reports have quickly been filed against the videos being shared, which is often used as a sign that material is treated as authentic. Still, there’s a clear tension in the plan: the same actor condemns cynical monetization, then promotes a cryptocurrency funded through data theft. The impact on future sales is also uncertain, particularly given the scale of anticipation around GTA 6, which the leaks appear to be aimed at challenging rather than directly changing.

What happens next is likely to matter as much as the footage itself. The first official GTA 6 gameplay images are scheduled to be revealed on Netflix on August 27, and—according to the announced timing—will become available six hours later across the web.

Marcus Chen is a gaming journalist and industry reporter with more than 10 years of experience. He covers releases, announcements, and trends across PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo, and keeps a close eye on the indie scene and esports. Previously an editor at several gaming publications, he now writes news, reviews, and breakdowns of major industry moments—from big showcases to updates on popular titles. His work is aimed at players who want a clear, fast read on what happened and why it matters.