Konami Shuts Down Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls on Apple Arcade in 2026
Konami is ending support for its mobile Castlevania title, with Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls set to lose service on Apple Arcade on September 3, 2026. The announcement marks the second shutdown for the game in its current lifecycle, after it originally launched on iOS and Android and was later revived for Apple’s subscription catalog.
Key takeaways
- Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls will end service on September 3, 2026.
- The title was available exclusively on Apple Arcade starting in September 2021.
- Before that, it released on iOS and Android in September 2019 and shut down about a year later.
- Konami says it has decided to stop service despite the “many players” who supported the game on Apple Arcade.
- No current information suggests the content will come to other platforms.
Apple Arcade exclusive prepares for its second shutdown
Konami has confirmed that the curtains are coming down on Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls on September 3, 2026. The game had been part of Apple Arcade as an exclusive release since September 2021, after first making its debut on iOS and Android in September 2019.
When it returned to market through Apple Arcade, the project was adjusted to align with the subscription model by removing in-app purchases. For Konami, this subscription-era run lasted five years—long enough to gather ongoing player support, according to the company’s statement.
Konami’s message to players and what comes next
In a note posted on the game’s official site, Konami thanked its players for the enthusiastic support “over the years,” and said the decision to end service was made after the Apple Arcade launch. The developer also offered appreciation to both the development and operations teams for helping bring players into the experience.
While some Apple Arcade titles have later moved to other models or platforms, there’s currently no indication that Castlevania: Grimoire of Souls will be re-released elsewhere. If the game does not return, it would join other titles that are already scheduled—or have already left—the Apple Arcade subscription ecosystem, such as World of Demons from PlatinumGames and Detonation Racing from Electric Square.
Other Castlevania news: a new entry is on the way
Meanwhile, attention in the Castlevania universe is also shifting to Castlevania: Belmont’s Curse, a reimagining developed by Evil Empire and Motion Twin (the teams behind Dead Cells). Its release is planned for October 15, 2026, coming to consoles and PC.


